Sigma Kappa Delta
Sigma Kappa Delta is the English Honor Society for Two-Year Colleges. It was founded in 1996 at Cottey College. Sigma Kappa Delta headquarters is currently located at Calhoun Community College. The society strives to
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate studies
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and Serve society by fostering literacy.
The Rho Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Kappa Delta was chartered at Louisburg College in 2012.
For membership, students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and have earned Bs or higher in all English classes.
Students interested in joining should contact the faculty sponsor, Tommy Jenkins, at: email@example.com.